Entertainment | Health | Beauty | Love & Relationship | Shopping | More …
Living with psoriasis is not easy. It can be very troublesome and problematic especially when your skin flares up. Psoriasis patients and medical experts alike are all finding ways on how to alleviate suffering caused by this peculiar skin disease. In this quest, they have found that proper nutrition can actually have a positive effect on psoriasis. Although, a special diet for psoriasis is still debatable, several studies have shown that certain vitamins and minerals can help prevent psoriasis attacks. Let me share to you some of them.
1. Antioxidants. Antioxidants are needed to stop the formation of leukotrienes which is responsible in psoriasis attacks. Psoriasis patients should eat foods rich in antioxidants such as grapes, nuts, plums, oregano and legumes to prevent skin flares.
2. Folate. Folate helps in healthy cell division and skin health so eat lots of folate rich foods such as broccoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts and orange juice.
3. Beta carotene. Beta carotene aids in the conversion of vitamin A in the body which is essential to a healthy skin. Carrots, mangoes and green leafy vegetables are some examples of beta carotene rich foods.
4. Omega 3 fatty acids. Omega 3 fatty acids, or simply omega 3 have been found to reduce the need for steroidal creams. This is because of the nutrient’s ability to convert itself into an anti inflammatory once it has been digested. Tuna, sardines, salmon and flax seeds are some examples of foods rich in omega 3.
5. Zinc. Studies have shown that patients suffering from psoriasis have low zinc levels on their system. The mineral zinc is an important component of healthy skin so it’s very important for psoriasis patients to consume zinc rich foods such as shellfish and whole grains to avoid zinc deficiency.
Like what I have said earlier, a strict anti psoriasis diet plan is still debatable but consuming foods rich in nutrients I’ve discussed above can definitely help in managing psoriasis. While knowing these nutrients to include in your diet is important, it is equally important to know the foods that can trigger the onset of skin flares or psoriasis attacks. Experts say that it is best to avoid acidic foods, alcohol, oily foods and spicy foods. To sum it up, keep in mind that a nutrient rich diet is vital for those people with psoriasis. By taking nutrition as the number one priority, the prevention and management of psoriasis follows.
In search of a good psoriasis treatment that can effectively clear unsightly psoriatic skin plaques quickly? XTRAC Therapy is an FDA approved psoriasis therapy which uses light therapy for the effective and safe treatment of many skin disorders such as psoriasis.